Friday, January 23, 2009

My First Speed Scrap

Tonight, Jeff had to work late. Since Grace has been sick, she is out like a light! I got to participate in my first ever speed scrap! I had such a wonderful time at GDWI and loved trying to follow the directions.The directions were:
1. Choose one picture. Yep, just one.
2. Choose two papers. They can be patterned or solid, but both have to basically be of the same color. You can choose different hues, or whatever, like one can be darker than the other, but the same basic color.
3. Choose 3 fasteners. These are the only fasteners you can have on this layout. That includes stitching, buttons, photo turns, staples, etc.
4. Choose 4 pieces of foliage. This includes leaves, flowers, sticks, whatever. And yep, you can use the same one multiple times if you want.
5. Choose 5 more elements to add to your layout. These are the last elements you will be adding.
6. Choose either 6 words or 6 letters to make your title.
7. Choose 7 characters to make your date. For example you could be creative for March 1st and put "0030108" or "mar0108." And you're done! Yay!
Where I went wrong: #3. I needed 3 fasteners and I wound up with 5. I really, really wanted that floral clip and the frame. The frame came "pre-stapled" otherwise I would have put just 2 staples on it. Since it was a speed scrap, I didn't take the time to try to figure out how to remove 2 of them.

Credits:
Paper, Bird, Brown frame, pink circles, and ribbon are from Hugs N Stuff, a freebie from Stacey Towers. Alpha is Julie Marie, Worn Alpha 2. The clip with the flower is from It's a Girl Thing, Bluedream Designs.

Thanks to Shannon at GDWI for hosting! Go check out the gallery to see all the other participants' layouts!

No comments: